Bed bugs are hard to get rid of for several reasons.
- Bed bug eggs are difficult to find. They hide in cracks, crevices, wall voids, and other hard-to-reach areas. Their eggs are white and tiny making them incredibly difficult to identify.
- Bed bugs are nocturnal. These blood-sucking bugs come out at night and hide during the daytime in folds, creases, and tufts of mattresses and furniture. They require blood meals to mature and to reproduce and feed on human blood.
- Bed bug bites show up days after they bite and don’t hurt. By the time the itchy bites are noticeable, it can be hard to track where they came from.
- Female bed bugs lay eggs every day and their populations can multiply alarmingly fast. Early-stage detection can make a huge difference in how easily and quickly bed bugs can be removed from your home.
- Pesticide use isn’t recommended in sleeping areas. They have also developed a resistance to many pesticides which is why they have started to make a steady comeback in recent years.
- Bed bugs spread easily between rooms. If you suspect your mattress is infested with bed bugs, do not move to a different room to sleep, as you can transport bed bugs to another part of your home. In apartment buildings and hotels, bed bugs are difficult to get rid of for this exact reason. Bed bugs can even travel from one unit to another through tiny holes made to accommodate electrical wiring and plumbing.
- Bed bugs can survive for 3 months - to a year without a blood meal. This unfortunate truth is what makes bed bugs so difficult to get rid of with a single treatment. Diligent aftercare is just as crucial as the initial treatment.
At the first sign of an infestation, call Hill Country Pest Control Kerrville for a free consultation. There is no point in waiting. Controlling a bed bug problem can take several weeks and even months. As populations grow it only becomes more difficult to remove the bed bugs In Hill Country, Hill Country Pest Control Kerrville is your go-to bed bug control service. Contact us today!