You can keep mice and rats away from your home or business by making it difficult for them to find food and water or maneuver easily throughout the building.
- Seal any crevice or crack that is more than 1/4th inch
- Maintain bushes, grasses, and, trees where rodents may hide or climb on to access the building
- Clear and declutter any piles of debris or supplies
- Keep your lawn cut short
- Place airtight lids on your trash cans
- Clear and declutter any corners or piles in the home
- Sanitize all food prep and dining surfaces after snacks and meals
- Keep the kitchen sink clear of dishes or food particles
- Store dry pantry foods in hard plastic or metal containers
- Fix leaky spouts
- Regularly sweep or vacuum all floor surfaces
- Replace cardboard storage containers with hard plastic ones
Signs of rodent droppings, noises, footprints, and chewed holes in food bags should be taken seriously. If you have a rodent problem, call Hill Country Pest Control Kerrville today!